Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jon Graham Pottery


I go to 2nd Street Market almost every weekend. It's a great year-round farmer's market located on 2nd Street in downtown Dayton, Ohio, and housed in a former B&O railroad freight building. During the summer, you can find vendors outside selling flowers and produce from local farms and nurseries. In the winter, the outside vendors close up, but you can still find produce, cheese, breads, honey, flowers and other local products inside, in addition to a variety of international food options: French crepes, Thai chicken satay, Columbian arepas, and meat pies from New Zealand are some of my favorites.

2nd Street market also showcases some really fantastic local artisans. You can find jewelry, alpaca wool, upcycled crafts, woven bowls, felted bags, and much more. Recently, I picked up this beautiful yarn bowl by local potter Jon Graham:


John Graham is at the market every week, not only selling his work, but making new pots, offering demonstrations, and chatting with his customers. 


I have my eye on a few other pieces for my own kitchen, or to give as gifts. I don't know that I really need a special garlic pot, but it's certainly a conversation piece.




For more information on this artist, visit the 2nd Street market page.

No comments:

Post a Comment